MBA, Specialization & Career Opportunities
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a master's degree in business administration, which attracts people from a wide range of academic disciplines. The MBA degree has achieved worldwide recognition emerging from the late 19th century, the MBA designation originated in the United States, as the country industrialized and companies sought out scientific approaches to management.
You can earn Master of Business Administration degree programs tailored to full-time, part-time, executive, and distance learning students, with specialized concentrations. MBA programs expose students to a variety of subjects, including economics, organizational behavior, marketing, accounting, finance, strategy, operations management, international business, information technology management, supply chain management, project management, government policy, and ethics.
An MBA degree provides the tools and skills needed to identify new opportunities for organizational success. MBA programs are designed to make one aware of different approaches that have traditionally helped in managing business from small scale to large scale or internationally.
Various most demanded MBA degree with concentration with good salry offers and wide opportunities can view from right hand side menu of this site, explore more information about online universities providing mba degree, time, cost, and subject with detail career opportunities.
- Accounting Specialization:- This specialization some time also designed to help you build the strategic perspective you need to interact effectively with executive management and strengthen your ability to succeed in middle and senior management positions. People who pursue this specialization are often pursuing supervisory or management positions in accounting, auditing, and other financial recording and reporting functions. This program can be completed in two years.
- Acquisition Specialization:- This course provides an introduction and overview of government contracting and its unique nature, demonstrating the differences between commercial and government contracting, with a concentration on the federal system. Current reforms in the acquisition field will be incorporated into the course and emerging controversies will be highlighted to provide students with an up-to-date view of the profession.
- Management, Communication, and Quality Specialization:- Prepares you for negotiations and operations management at the highest level. Courses cover conflict resolution, labor relations, organizational behavior, operations management, and corporate communications. Courses include: Power and Negotiation, International Management, Operations Management and Quality Management. As a graduate of this program, you may qualify to apply for high-level employment opportunities in finance, marketing, operations, management of information systems, or human resources.
- Entrepreneurship:- Deploy theories and practices related to the start-up, development, and management of a new venture. Topics include the discovery and evaluation of business opportunities, and development of strategies for creating new ventures. As a graduate of this program, you may qualify to apply for high-level employment opportunities in finance, marketing, operations, management of information systems, or human resources.
- Finance Specialization:- Finance MBA specialization is designed to help you build the financial analysis and strategic perspective you need to interact effectively with executive management as a partner in making key business decisions. People who choose this specialization are often pursuing middle- to senior-level management positions in financial institutions or finance departments. This program can be completed in 2 years.
- General Business Specialization:- Build critical business skills and gain the credentials you need to advance your career with this General MBA specialization. You will engage in a thorough study of core business functions, paired with professional effectiveness course work that emphasizes best practices for leading and managing others in such skill areas as change management, team building, and employee development. People who choose this specialization are often pursuing management, director-level, or consulting positions in a wide variety of corporate settings. This program can be completed in two years.
- Global Management:- Students completing the Global Management concentration will develop the managerial skills emphasized within the MBA required course of study in the context of cross-border business opportunities. Students will understand the challenges presented by international economic, political, legal and socio-cultural differences. The Global Management Concentration is designed for students who want to expand business cross-border or manage within a multi-national organization. You may work in fields like international business consultant, trade and competitiveness specialist, international operations manager, anthropology, sales, or management analysis, and may even advance to top executive management positions in a business houses.
- Hospitality & Tourism:- The program curriculum prepares working professionals to become effective decision makers and managers in a world increasingly affected by globalization, technology, and ethical challenges. It is designed for working professionals from a wide range of backgrounds who wish to advance or enhance their business careers. Course will include case studies related to the hospitality and tourism industry, needless to say how vast opportunities are there in Hospitality and Tourism industires.
- Health Care Management Specialization:- This MBA Health Care Management specialization is designed to strengthen the management and business skills you need to function effectively within the health care industry, includes a thorough study of health care strategic and financial management, health care policy analysis, and legal and ethical considerations within the industry. People who choose this specialization are often pursuing mid-level management or executive positions in the health care industry or in organizations serving the health care industry.
- Human Resource Management Specialization:- This MBA specialization in Human Resource Management is designed to strengthen your ability to perform this strategic role. The emphasis is on immediate application of the knowledge, competencies, and skills necessary to integrate business and human resource strategies. People who choose this specialization are often interested in pursuing human resource management positions in a business setting.
- International Business:- These days, many companies prforms overseas business in one form or another, global business is a crucial area for many companies, both large and small, and therefore those with skills and qualifications in international business can prove very valuable to such companies. With an International Business MBA degree you could enjoy moving into an exciting, rewarding, and fast paced career in global business management.
- Information Technology Management Specialization:- With the expanded use of information technology in all facets of business, including e-commerce, skilled professionals who possess both information technology and business expertise are in high demand. This Information Technology Management MBA is designed to help you develop the skills you need to leverage information technology to enhance business competitiveness, assess the impact of advances in technology on business, and interact effectively with executive management as a strategic business partner. People who choose this specialization are often pursuing management and director-level positions in IT functions that require both information technology and business expertise.
- Marketing Specialization:- Prepare yourself to meet the diverse set of marketing challenges present in today's competitive business environment, from understanding the evolving needs of the consumer, to managing sales, to overseeing international marketing and distribution operations. This online MBA Marketing specialization is designed to enhance your skills in such marketing-focused areas as market research, consumer behavior, product development, and relationship management, while expanding your core business knowledge and skill areas to build the perspective you need to interact effectively with executive management as a strategic partner. You will have the opportunity to synthesize and apply what you have learned into a final marketing plan. People who choose this specialization are often pursuing management and director-level positions in marketing, sales, advertising, corporate communications, events, or public relations departments or firms. This program can be completed in two years.
- Project Management Specialization:- In today’s competitive business environment, in which technology skills are often outsourced, many businesses consider skills related to project management and business capabilities as critical to keep in-house. This Project Management MBA specialization, based on the knowledge areas established by the Project Management Institute (PMI), is designed to sharpen your project management skills, including project planning, risk management, and project procurement. Through core business courses, you will also strengthen your overall business acumen to build the perspective you need to interact effectively with other managers to meet business goals. A capstone course allows you to apply your skills in planning, managing, and controlling the process to complete the project on time and on budget. People who choose this specialization are often pursuing project management, director-level, or consulting positions, especially those that are more business than IT-focused.
- Public Administration:- In this MBA Degree program emphasis is placed on quantitative analysis of business information to improve business decision making. Professionals learn how to communicate with those outside the community, handling everything from ad campaigns to public-relations crises. MBA with public administration grduate also learn how to implement policy at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Supply chain & Logistics:- Firms are increasingly seeking students with master of business administration degrees in logistics and supply chain management because of their effect on competitiveness and the unique skills required for managing logistical processes within a firm and across multiple firms in the supply chain. Supply chain & Logistics MBA degree will give you ample opportunity to begin your career with a manufacturer, retailer, carrier, third party logistics firm, management trainee, analyst, or front line supervisor or other organization. Your salry would range from $54000 up to $420,000. (Sources
Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals-www.cscmp.org))
- Technology & Management:- Managing an IT department for a company or government agency will require people to not only have experience in working with technology, but also business management experience. According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of computer and information systems managers is expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through the year 2014. Job opportunities will be best for applicants with computer-related work experience; a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with technology as a component, and strong communication and administrative skills.